New for 2020: IBPA's [Virtual] Frankfurt Book Fair!
Be sure to sign in for discounted IBPA member price of $99 per title.
Advance registration is now closed. Please contact Terry Nathan at email@example.com for late registration options.
Registration Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020 (or when sold out)
Materials Due: Friday, September 25, 2020
Frankfurt Book Fair Dates: October 14-18, 2020
On July 1, IBPA announced it would not host an in-person exhibit at the 2020 Frankfurt Book Fair.
At the same time, IBPA pledged to watch for the virtual solutions being developed by Frankfurt Book Fair in an effort to provide new ways of connecting with and selling rights
to the global publishing industry.
On August 14, Frankfurt Book Fair organizers clarified some of the details surrounding how virtual exhibitors, including agents and rights representatives, will be able to participate in the upcoming fair. Given this new information, IBPA is pleased to announce its own set of virtual options for members interested in working
with IBPA to generate interest in foreign rights through single-title display at Frankfurt Book Fair 2020. The following is included in IBPA's 2020 offering:
- A set of custom webinars explaining how to license foreign and translation rights from a U.S. publisher to a foreign publisher when the U.S. publisher controls foreign and translation rights to a work.
- Listing in Frankfurt Book Fair's Frankfurt Rights digital catalog (currently named IPR License, but to be rebranded "Frankfurt Rights" in September 2020).
- Listing on a dedicated website showcasing IBPA member titles with foreign and translation rights available.
- Listings will remain online for one year.
- Website will be socialized to a custom list of 550+ foreign rights contacts, developed by IBPA over 35 years of attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, who will be invited to one-on-one meetings with the IBPA office to discuss the titles available.
- Opportunity to embed a video explaining why the title listed is a good candidate for foreign rights sales, and which countries would be a good fit (optional but encouraged).
- In addition to the online listing, the website will include a downloadable PDF catalog of all titles.
- Updated sample translation rights licensing agreement to use for developing a contract for licensing foreign and translation rights.
Previous participants in IBPA's Frankfurt Book Fair opportunities can now boast Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Korean, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, and French versions of their titles. Don't miss your change to make sure you book is part of the
Questions? Contact IBPA COO Terry Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-546-1818.
What is the Frankfurt Book Fair?
Inspiration, business and great stories – it all still awaits you this October! Because even in 2020, Frankfurt Book Fair will be the world’s most important marketplace for print and digital
content, as well as a significant social and cultural event.
Frankfurt Book Fair 2020 has supplemented its offering at the fairgrounds with many new virtual offerings. Its digital events will act as multi-media stages for exhibitors, authors and creative artists, bringing the international publishing industry
and the creative industries together in a virtual space.
Celebrate a colourful and varied festival of literature with the Frankfurt Book Fair this coming autumn. On-site or digital – from anywhere in the world.
After we receive your order we will send a confirmation email asking for more details. All required materials are due by Friday, September 25, 2020.