ALREADY AN IBPA MEMBER? Great! Simply log into the "members only" area of the IBPA website to download a current copy of the IBPA Membership Benefits Handbook containing all the information you need to take advantage of each IBPA member benefit.
The IBPA member benefit
IBPA members receive a 10% discount on editing, typesetting, and book cover design services from TypeRight.
TypeRight provides four distinct editing services, depending on the book’s stage of production. If you’re unsure what level of editing is right for you, contact them for a free sample edit so you know what to expect:
- Developmental Editing – focuses on big-picture items like plot, characters, setting, and pacing (as low as 1.1 cents/word).
- Line Editing – digs into the prose to improve the flow and readability of the writing (as low as 1.7 cents/word).
- Copy Editing – sifts through the project, looking for grammar, syntax, and mechanical errors (as low as 1.4 cents/word).
- Proofreading – is a final pass through the project to make sure it is ready for publication (as low as 0.9 cent/word).
TypeRight also offers:
- Typesetting – interior design for the text to prepare a professional print-ready PDF (starting at $180).
- Book Cover Design – uniquely crafted cover artwork, ready for printing (starting at $449).
TypeRight helps publishers prepare books for publication by offering editing services, typesetting (interior design), and book cover design. By recruiting highly qualified editors who specialize in different genres, they are able to provide outstanding quality to their clients, no matter genre. And as an employee-owned and operated business, they keep their costs low and pay their editors and designers more—which means their clients can expect them to be dedicated to their project’s success.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
IBPA's mission is to lead and serve the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. IBPA's vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry.