ALREADY AN IBPA MEMBER? Great! Simply log into the "members only" area of the IBPA website to download a current copy of the IBPA Membership Benefits Handbook containing all the information you need to take advantage of each IBPA member benefit.
The IBPA member benefit
IBPA members receive access to NPD BookScan data across two tiers at deeply discounted rates. Each tier is limited to IBPA
members within a specific revenue band.
In September 2018, NPD launched their new DecisionKey Dashboard. With DecisionKey, users can see metrics about the industries, categories, competitors, and brands that matter to their business in a graphical view that’s easier to consume and less data-intensive.
Read more here.
Your IBPA member discount remains the lowest discount offered by NPD to any organization. Even with the price changes below, IBPA members receive >50% discount on both Tier One and Tier Two access.
May 4th, 2020 update on price increase referenced below: Given the current situation, NPD is postponing the rate increase that was planned for September 2020.
They will continue at current rates from September 2020 through August 2021. NPD hopes this will give IBPA members some breathing room and more manageable costs in the short term as they navigate the COVID and post-COVID world.
(See also: NPD PubTrack Digital)
- Annual Subscription Rate: $2,500
- Access: Title Reports & Bestseller Reports
- Access Description:Title Reports provide the user with detailed views at the single ISBN level, including geographic breakouts and bestseller rank, with weekly historical data dating back to 2004. Bestseller
Reports include over 90 curated weekly bestseller lists by subject and format, as well as select year-to-date and geographic bestseller lists. Restrictions: Annual revenue must be below $3.5 million.
- Restrictions: Annual revenue must be below $3.5 million.
Planned changes to pricing:
- In September 2020, Tier One pricing goes from $2,500 to $3,750.
- Annual Subscription Rate: $5,000
- Access: Title Reports, Bestseller Reports, Market Overview Reports, and Query
- Access Description: Title Reports provide the user with detailed views at the single ISBN level, including geographic breakouts and bestseller rank, with weekly historical data dating back to 2004. Bestseller Reports include over 90 curated weekly bestseller lists by subject and format, as well as select year-to-date and geographic bestseller lists. Market Overview reporting provides a picture of total US print sales, with total market data broken out by DMA, Category, and Format, as well as market share of the top 25 publisher families. Query, previously a premium add-on service that is now available to IBPA members as part of Tier 2 access, is a dynamic search tool which allows the user to pull customized reports up to 10k ISBNs deep based on criteria such as BISAC, Category, Publisher, Format, ISBN, Title, or Author. The output of Query reporting is essentially a bestseller list, but with up to 10,000 results and the ability to export the results to Excel, the possibilities for analysis are exponentially greater than your average bestseller list!
- Restrictions: Annual revenue must be below $5 million.
Planned changes to pricing:
- In September 2020, Tier Two pricing goes from $5,000 to $7,500.
About The NPD Group, Inc.
The NPD Group provides
market information and business solutions that drive better decision-making and better results. The world’s leading brands rely on us to help them get the right products in the right places for the right people. Practice areas include apparel, appliances,
automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, diamonds, e-commerce, entertainment, fashion accessories, food consumption, foodservice, footwear, home, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, technology, toys, video games, and watches / jewelry. For more
information, visit npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter:
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
IBPA's mission is to lead and serve the independent
publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. IBPA's vision is a world where every independent publisher has the access, knowledge, and tools needed to professionally engage in all aspects of an inclusive publishing industry.