Publishers interested in setting up a Wholesale account with Ingram should fill out the following application:
It is worth mentioning a few of the prerequisites for an Ingram Wholesale account.
A publisher must:
- Have sales greater than 50K for two consecutive years
- Be willing to sell to Ingram at a 60% discount and on a returnable basis
- Pay a setup fee of $650
- Pay freight to and from Ingram Content Group
- Participate in coop advertising
- Participate in Ingram iQ – All publishers are required to maintain an active iQ account. The is fee based and their fee is calculated from their reported sales numbers from the prior year. It’s a reporting and analytics publisher portal. Here are just a few of the benefits publishers experience with iQ:
- Self-serve reporting in one centralized platform
- Reports are downloadable and available in multiple formats
- Dynamic timeframes and the ability to pull historical data
- Channel-level visibility by Title
- Using Related Product, publishers can see how a “work” is performing at Ingram
- Print plus Digital reporting (for CS+ publishers)
- POD reporting and visibility of market opportunities across the globe
- Single sign-on access to ipage®
Also, net payment is 9 months for the first year until the account is established.
For titles that are sure to sell thousands of copies, a Wholesale agreement makes sense. Otherwise, Ingram has recommended that independent publishers use POD through Lightning Source or IngramSpark to gauge demand before investing in an large offset print order.