ALREADY AN IBPA MEMBER? Great! Simply log into the "members only" area of the IBPA website to download a current copy of the IBPA Membership Benefits Handbook containing all the information you need to take advantage of each IBPA member benefit.
The IBPA member benefit
IBPA members receive discounted rates on Lightning Source and IngramSpark. Both options provide title visibility within ipage® — Ingram Content Group’s B2B database utilized by approximately 39,000 domestic and international booksellers and librarians for comprehensive title information, stock availability, and ordering.
- Free title set up for both print and ebook titles -- a $49 savings for print and ebook; $49 savings for print only; $25 savings for ebook only
- Free revisions for both print and ebook titles -- a $25 savings per revision
- IngramSpark does not charge a yearly market access fee -- a market access fee was previously paid for access to Ingram's print and ebook wholesale distribution channels; as of June 5, 2017 IngramSpark offers free market access for all titles enabled for distribution
Lightning Source Benefits
- Free title set-up in Lightning Source -- a $75 savings
- No market access fee for the first year -- a $12 savings; good for the first year only
- Free revisions -- a $40 savings per revision
- IBPA members can also choose to take part in Ingram’s BoLT (Book Long Term Pricing) program. Details of this program can be found in this link.
The IBPA discount codes can be found in the IBPA Membership Benefits Handbook. The codes must be applied before you place any orders with IngramSpark or Lightning Source.
IngramSpark is Ingram Content Group’s publish-on-demand platform that enables the delivery of content worldwide to readers in print and electronic formats.
The service, which is tailored to the specific needs of the small independent publisher and self-published author, streamlines the sales, account setup, content management, and customer support activities through a self-service, online platform. It’s free to set up an account. All you need to get started is an email address, print ready PDFs for print titles, EPUB and JPEG for the e-books, an ISBN, and a credit card.
About Lightning Source
Lightning Source (LSI) is the leading print-on-demand company in the world, offering one-off book manufacturing and access to the most comprehensive distribution solutions in the publishing industry.
Through Lightning Source, Ingram Content Group provides a broad range of physical and digital services to the book industry, and immediate access to the largest selection of books and book-related products. Lightning Source securely stores titles as digital files in their library. They print one copy or thousands of copies, as needed. Through direct distribution, Lightning Source delivers titles to a publishers’ customers, anywhere in the world.
What are the differences between IngramSpark and Lightning Source?
Lightning Source (LSI) is the print-on-demand (POD) engine for IngramSpark, so the entirety of LSI’s print options are available for all IngramSpark publishers. The primary advantages of the IngramSpark platform include cost-effective pricing and the ability to simultaneously set up an e-book title and make it available to more than 70 e-retailers (including Apple, Kobo, B&N Nook, Amazon Kindle) at the same time a print title is set up for distribution. The primary advantages of Lightning Source include a newly updated user interface, customized pricing options, and a consultative sales team and support experience with access to marketing and advertising resources.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
IBPA's mission is to lead and serve the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. IBPA's vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry.