About the IBPA Board of Directors
|The fiscal year 2020 IBPA Board of Directors with IBPA legal advisor Jonathan Kirsch (seated left next to IBPA Board Chair Brooke Warner of She Writes Press) during their August 22-23, 2019 Board meeting in Redondo Beach, California.
IBPA is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors that regularly meet to discuss and plan the association’s business. Board members reflect IBPA’s varied membership and serve two- to four-year terms during which time they serve on committees that represent
the best interests of the independent publishing association’s members.
READ IBPA’S APPROVED BYLAWS
ACCESS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS' PRIVATE ONLINE FORUM
Open to board members only.
Want to apply for the IBPA Board of Directors?
IBPA welcomes applications for the Board of Directors. The current cycle's application deadline (for terms starting July 1, 2021) is November 15, 2020. To apply, fill out this online application by November 15, 2020.
A briefing memo for interested candidates is available here.
Officers of the Board
Names marked with an asterisk are also members of the IBPA Executive Committee. All Officers, except the Board Chair and CEO, are also members of the Board.
At-large members of the Board
Names marked with an asterisk are also members of the IBPA Executive Committee.
Previous Board Chairs
- Florrie Binford Kichler, Patria Press: Chair (2006-2009)
- Kent Sturgis, Epicenter Press: Chair (2004-2006)
- Donald Tubesing, Pfeifer-Hamilton: Chair (2002-2004)
- Linda Ligon, Interweave Press: Chair (2000-2002)
- Nicholas S. Weir-Williams, Continuum International: Chair (1998-2000)
- Curt Matthews, Chicago Review Press: Chair (1996-1998)
- Jerry Marino, The Marino Group: Chair (1994-1996)
- Leigh Cohn, Gürze Books: Chair (1992-1994)
- Robert (Bob) Erdmann, Columbine Communications: Chair (1990 – 1992)
- Howard Fisher, Fisher Books: Chair (1989-1990)
- Gary Moselle, Craftsman Book Company: Chair (1988-1989)
- Robert Alberti, Ph.D., Impact Publishers: Chair (1986-1988)
- Richard E. Bye: Board Chair (1983-1986)