About the IBPA Advocacy Committee
The IBPA Advocacy Committee is a standing committee tasked with identifying, prioritizing, and developing strategies to address issues of concern to independent publishers.
Read the committee charter.
- IBPA Advocacy Committee's definition of advocacy:
- Public support of a policy or issue that directly impacts the IBPA membership with the goal of influencing industry perspectives and decisions.
- IBPA Advocacy Committee's objectives:
- Identify and prioritize issues of concern to independent publishers.
- Establish campaigns and take actions to address these concerns.
- Ensure that IBPA members are informed of these concerns, and the steps taken to address them.
- IBPA Advocacy Committee's fiscal year 2021 priorities:
- Advocate for access to all aspects of the book trade.
- Protect copyright.
- Help promote a more diverse, inclusive publishing industry.
Have an advocacy issue you'd like to share with the committee? Send it via email to email@example.com.
This is a member-focused committee. It is open to at-large members of IBPA.
Our thanks to the Fiscal Year 2021 IBPA Advocacy Committee.