Applications Now Accepted for IBPA's Board of Directors (Fiscal Years 2018-2019)
Friday, November 18, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Manhattan Beach, CA - November 18, 2016) -- Six seats are opening on the Independent Book Publishers Association's (IBPA's) Board of Directors. All IBPA members in good standing are welcome to apply. A class of incumbent candidates is also being considered.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016
Each term on IBPA's Board of Directors is two years in length. Members are allowed to serve two consecutive terms. Potential candidates will be asked for a personal interview in addition to the written application.
Here is the election cycle:
- Nov 18, 2016: Online application opens for IBPA's Board of Directors.
- Nov 30, 2016: IBPA's Board Chair confirms the members of the 2016 Board Nominating Committee.
- Dec 31, 2016: Online application closes.
- Jan 1 - 31, 2017: Board Nominating Committee interviews potential candidates.
- Feb 1, 2017: Board Nominating Committee chooses a slate of candidates for the open seats.
- Feb 8, 2017: IBPA sends the Board Nominating Committee's slate of candidates to the full membership for consideration.
- Apr 8, 2017: IBPA membership votes to approve the slate of candidates during IBPA's Annual Members Meeting at Publishing University in Portland, Oregon.
- Jul 1, 2017: New Board members take office for a two-year term.
Being on the IBPA Board of Directors is an important way to help carry forth IBPA's mission of educating and supporting independent publishers and self-published authors. As a member of IBPA's Board of Directors you will directly contribute to the success of our over 3,200 members who pledge to adhere to the following Code of Ethics. . .
- To uphold the highest standards of our industry, to create works of lasting financial and/or cultural value, and to pursue editorial, design, and production excellence.
- To respect the rights of authors and other creators and stakeholders, to observe all copyright laws and conventions, and to never knowingly publish plagiarized work.
- To reward authors and contributors for their work, to be honest in our financial dealings, to write contracts in understandable language, to resolve all disputes promptly and fairly, and to foster equal opportunity in our workplaces.
- To not mislead readers or buyers with false promises, inflated sales data, or manipulated reviews.
- To recycle and reuse and to follow green practices.
If you'd like to read more about the Board election process in IBPA's bylaws, please visit www.ibpa-online.org/bylaws.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact IBPA CEO Angela Bole at email@example.com or 310-546-1818.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
Founded in 1983 to support independent publishers nationwide, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) leads and serves the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. With over 3,100 members, IBPA is the largest publishing association in the U.S. Its vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry. For more information, visit ibpa-online.org.