IBPA Announces Virtual Single-Title Display Options for Frankfurt Book Fair 2020
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
(Manhattan Beach, CA - August 25, 2020) --
On July 1, 2020, IBPA announced it would not host an in-person exhibit at the 2020 Frankfurt Book Fair.
At the same time, IBPA pledged to watch for the virtual solutions being developed by Frankfurt Book Fair in an effort to provide new ways of connecting with and selling rights to the
global publishing industry.
About 10 days ago, Frankfurt Book Fair organizers clarified some of the details surrounding how virtual exhibitors, including agents and rights representatives, will be able to participate in the upcoming fair. Given this new information, IBPA is pleased to announce its own set of virtual options for members interested in working
with IBPA to generate interest in foreign rights through single-title display at Frankfurt Book Fair 2020. The following is included in IBPA's 2020 offering:
- A set of custom webinars explaining how to license foreign and translation rights from a U.S. publisher to a foreign publisher when the U.S. publisher controls foreign and translation rights to a work.
- Listing in Frankfurt Book Fair's Frankfurt Rights digital catalog (currently named IPR License, but to be rebranded "Frankfurt Rights" in September 2020).
- Listing on a dedicated website showcasing IBPA member titles with foreign and translation rights available.
- Listings will remain online for one year.
- Website will be socialized to a custom list of 550+ foreign rights contacts, developed by IBPA over 35 years of attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, who will be invited to one-on-one meetings with the IBPA office to discuss the titles available.
- Opportunity to embed a video explaining why the title listed is a good candidate for foreign rights sales, and which countries would be a good fit (optional but encouraged).
- In addition to the online listing, the website will include a downloadable PDF catalog of all titles.
- Updated sample translation rights licensing agreement to use for developing a contract for licensing foreign and translation rights.
Previous participants in IBPA's Frankfurt Book Fair opportunities can now boast Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Korean, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, and French versions of their titles. Don't miss your change to make sure you book is part of the conversation,
click here to register by September 18th!
IBPA member price to participate in the [Virtual] Frankfurt Book Fair is $99 per title (discounted from $185 physical booth price). More information is available on the product's order page or members can contact IBPA COO Terry Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-546-1818.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)
Founded in 1983 to support independent publishers nationwide, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) leads and serves the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. With over 3,600 members, IBPA is
the largest publishing association in the U.S. Its vision is a world where every independent publisher has the access, knowledge, and tools needed to professionally engage in all aspects of an inclusive publishing industryFor more information, visit