IBPA Publishing University 2020 Scholarship Winners Announced
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Posted by: Christopher Locke
Each year, IBPA is happy to offer one scholarship to each IBPA Affiliate Association and a limited number of scholarships to at-large IBPA members (i.e. members not associated with an IBPA Affiliate) to IBPA Publishing University.
As illustrated by attendee testimonials, IBPA Publishing University is full of invaluable networking opportunities and educational information about independent publishing and we want to make sure it’s available to everyone, so we’re pleased to announce the winners of this year’s scholarships:
- Chris Bell, Managing Editor, Atthis Arts — on behalf of Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MiPA)
- Kurt Brackob, Editorial Director, Histria Books — at-large scholarship
- Kevin Desrosiers, Author Publisher — on behalf of St. Louis Publishers Association (SLPA)
- Tammy Ditmore, Founder & Editor, eDitmore Editorial Services — on behalf of Small Publishers, Artists, & Writers Network (SPAWN)
- Luda Gogolushko, Founder & Owner, INCLUDAS Publishing — at-large scholarship
- Manasa Gururaj, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Talegari Tales LLC — at-large scholarship
- Angelica R. Jackson, Publisher & Author, Crow & Pitcher Press — on behalf of Northern California Publishers & Authors (NCPA)
- Ilana "Sugar" Laytart, Founder & Publisher, Avantpop Books — at-large scholarship
- Kelly "Nerdzilla" Mendenhall, Author Publisher — at-large scholarship
- Arlene Miller, President, The Grammar Diva — on behalf of Florida Authors & Publishers Association (FAPA)
- Abby Shea Pigott, Marketing, Publicity, & Author Relationship Specialist, Farcountry Press & Sweetgrass Books — at-large scholarship
- April D. Pritchard, Owner, Sarah Publishing, LLC — on behalf of St. Louis Publishers Association (SLPA)
- Vicki Tashman, Owner, Historical Tails — on behalf of Publishers Association of Los Angeles (PALA)
- Holly Lyn Walrath, Managing Editor, Interstellar Flight Press — at-large scholarship
- Janet F. Williams, Owner, Good Day Media — on behalf of Publishers & Writers of San Diego (PWSD)
If you haven’t signed up for IBPA Publishing University 2020, there’s still time! Click here to register, and get ready for an unforgettable experience in Redondo Beach, California the weekend of April 3-4 (with preconference sessions on April 2).
Click here to see the full schedule, which includes educational sessions on how to garner book reviews, increase your book sales, and so much more!
Share your publishing news with the IBPA community! Send news about events or accomplishments to email@example.com. For more details about the types of stories we're seeking, click here.
Keep in mind that we reserve Spotlights for major news (such as, you published a book about space exploration and now it's being read in a live video feed by astronauts from the International Space Station), unique news (such as, you published a book about cycling and now the author is riding a bike across the U.S. for their book tour), or human interest stories (such as, you visit shelters every weekend to read books to the dogs and cats there).
Though launching a new book isn’t the focus of our Spotlights articles, IBPA is happy to share that exciting news on social media. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the launch date, your book cover, your book title, your book's genre, a link to where readers can learn more about your book, and your Twitter handle.
For good news in general about your publishing company (your book received a wonderful editorial review, you have an upcoming speaking engagement, etc.), use the hashtag #IBPAmemberGoodNews on Twitter and IBPA will amplify your good news!
Whether you have news or not, all of us at IBPA are cheering you on!