IBPA CEO Angela Bole, and two Board Member Companies, Make BISG's Industry Awards Short-List
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(New York, New York - August 29, 2017) -- The Book Industry Study Group (BISG - www.bisg.org) today announced the short-list nominees for its 2017 industry awards, to be presented at its annual meeting of members in New York on September 25, 2017. Those recognized as short-list nominees include IBPA CEO Angela Bole and IBPA Board of Director member companies She Writes Press and Firebrand Technologies.
Here is the full short-list:
- Graham Bell (EDItEUR) and Angela Bole (Independent Book Publishers Association), nominated for the Industry Connector Award, recognizing an individual whose work helps BISG serve as an information hub for the industry and best practices
- Pat Payton (Bowker) and Richard Stark (Barnes & Noble), nominated for the Standards Bearer Award, recognizing advocacy for industry standards
- The BISG Rights Committee, chaired by Ashley Mabbitt (Wiley), and Dominique Raccah (Sourcebooks), nominated for the Explorer Award, given to an individual, group or project that has shaped the conversation about publishing
- Connie Harbison (Baker & Taylor) and Pat Payton (Bowker), nominated for the Community Builder Award, recognizing significant work done to engage a representative set of stakeholders
- SheWrites Press, Firebrand Technologies, and HumbleBundle, nominated for the Industry Innovator Award, given to a company or individual who boldly re-imagines what publishing is and can be
- Angela Bole (Independent Book Publishers Association) and Dave Cramer (Hachette Book Group), nominated for the Industry Champion Award, given to an individual whose efforts have gone beyond the requirements of his or her position to advance the publishing industry
Last month, BISG announced that Macmillan Learning CEO Ken Michaels will receive the organization’s 2017 Distinguished Service Award, which recognizes an individual’s outstanding work on behalf of BISG over the course of a career. Past recipients of the Distinguished Service Award include John Ingram (2016), Tom Clarkson (2015), Judith Appelbaum (2014), and Wendell Lotz (2013). Michaels, a past chair of BISG’s board of directors, led the association while also overseeing operations at major trade and educational publishers.
The awards will be presented as part of BISG’s annual meeting, which will take place at the Harvard Club of New York from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Eastern on Monday, September 25.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Kim Graff, BISG Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Book Industry Study Group (BISG)
The Book Industry Study Group, Inc. (BISG) is the book industry’s leading trade association for standards, education, and research and information. BISG facilitates the connections and conversations that solve common problems, advance new ideas, and more profitably bring published content to readers. For 40 years, BISG has provided a forum for all industry professionals to come together and collaboratively address issues and concerns to advance the book community. Its members include publishers, manufacturers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, librarians, and others engaged in the business of print and electronic media. Learn more at bisg.org.