Goodreads CEO & Berrett-Koehler President to keynote the 24th Annual IBPA PubU in San Francisco
Friday, February 10, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Manhattan Beach, CA - February 10, 2012) -- Otis Chandler, founder and CEO of Goodreads, the home of more than 7 million members who have added more than 250,000,000 books to their virtual shelves, will be the Saturday, March 10 luncheon keynote speaker for the 24th annual IBPA Publishing University in San Francisco on March 9-10. Chandler will speak in a “Fireside Chat” format hosted by Michael Wolf, Vice President of digital publishing at GigaOM and commentator for such outlets as CNBC and Bloomberg TV on technology market trends.
Kicking off the IBPA Publishing University on Friday, March 9, will be the opening keynote presented by Steve Piersanti, founder, president and publisher of Berrett Koehler. Celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2012, Berrett-Koehler is a leading independent publisher of progressive books on current affairs, personal growth, and business and management and a pioneer in the digital publishing arena.
Chandler and Piersanti join more than 50 industry experts who will present a day and a half of programs designed to provide publishers of all sizes with the hands-on, how-to tools they need to promote, market and sell more books.
Highlights of IBPA Publishing University include:
- 24 breakout sessions including the hottest how-to topics in publishing led by industry experts in sales, marketing, social media, copyright and more
- The back-by-popular demand “E-magination” panel of industry prognosticators weighing in on what’s new and next in social media
- General sessions including Amazon and Google
- Early bird session featuring Dan Poynter, publishing authority and author of “The Self Publishing Manual”
- The opportunity for attendees to “Ask the Experts” in their own private consulting session by appointment
- A dedicated track of sessions designed to guide self-published authors and brand new publishers in choosing their best options
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For additional information, session details, photos and information, visit IBPA Publishing University http://www.ibpapublishinguniversity.com.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
Founded in 1983 to support independent publishers nationwide, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) leads and serves the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. With over 3,100 members, IBPA is the largest publishing association in the U.S. Its vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry. For more information, visit ibpa-online.org.