"Personal Branding and the Three Pillars of Successful Book Marketing"
Personal branding expert and digital marketing strategist Jeniffer Thompson leads you through crafting your personal branding strategies to target your audience, create value-driven content, and build a loyal fanbase.
This Personal Branding Workshop (Start Date: August 21, 2020) is currently sold out. To be placed on the waitlist, and get early notification of reservations opening for the next six-week workshop session, please email Lee Wind at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM FEE: $249 for IBPA members | $449 for non-members
In this small-group workshop (limited to ten people), personal branding expert and digital marketing strategist Jeniffer Thompson of Monkey C Media will lead registrants through crafting strategies for targeting a specific audience and building a
Using a "flipped classroom" approach, registrants will receive a video or print workbook ahead of each session that will walk them through acquiring the subject knowledge needed to do the homework that will presented in the next live
workshop. Workshop time will be focused on applying knowledge through the review of each registrant's homework.
The six workshop dates will be:
- August 21, 2020
- August 28, 2020
- September 11, 2020
- September 25, 2020
- October 9, 2020
- October 16, 2020
Session One: Personal Branding Demystified (Date: August 21, 2020)
- Acquire Knowledge: Jeniffer, via video and/or worksheets, will detail the benefits of a personal author brand and show you how you can expect to build a road map to guide your future marketing and branding efforts. She’ll provide
a checklist of critical branding milestones to help you identify where you feel confident and where you need the most help.
- Apply Knowledge: Your homework to review and discuss in the live class with Jeniffer will be to discuss your brand goals and first steps to building your road map.
Two: Find Your Superpower (Date: August 28, 2020)
- Acquire Knowledge: Jeniffer, via video and/or worksheets, will help you launch into the You of your brand. She will guide you to identify your budget, strengths, weaknesses, current assets, brand voice, and core values.
- Apply Knowledge: Your homework to review and discuss live in class will be to develop a statement of purpose and begin thinking about how you want people to perceive you and your value. We’ll also make space for a few attendees
to share (as desired) their personal strengths and core values to illustrate how those personal attributes will help guide your future brand choices and digital marketing plan.
Three: Know Your Audience (Date: September 11, 2020)
- Acquire Knowledge: Jeniffer, via video and/or worksheets, will reveal strategies to identify your audience, research their needs, and implement a plan to provide them with value and ensure a loyal tribe of followers.
- Apply Knowledge: Your homework to review and discuss live in class will be to plug your research into a long-term road map and develop a sustainable content and outreach plan to attract that audience and keep them engaged.
Four: Build Your Network (Date: September 25, 2020)
- Acquire Knowledge: Jeniffer, via video and/or worksheets, will show you how to identify the influencers and thought leaders in your space: who is reaching your target audience now, what content is resonating and getting the most
engagement, and on which social channels.
- Apply Knowledge: Your homework to review and discuss live in class will be to bring your research to share (as desired); Jeniffer will review ways in which you can begin an ongoing conversation to collaborate with those influencers,
provide content to them, and get your message in front of their (and your) audience. Plus, you‘ll look at ways in which you can differentiate yourself and establish your unique selling point.
Five: Establish Your Authority and Visibility (Date: October 9, 2020)
- Acquire Knowledge: Jeniffer, via video and/or worksheets, will outline a strategy to build credibility and establish your authority in a big way. She’ll also provide a strategy and tools to help you identify keywords and talking
points to use in your content and plug into your marketing road map.
- Apply Knowledge: Your homework to review and discuss live in class will be to research the possible areas where your voice can make the biggest impact and resonate with your intended audience, identity the right channels to disseminate
your content, and share your list of keywords (as desired) for real-time feedback and recommendations.
Six: Connecting the Dots (Date: October 16, 2020)
- Acquire Knowledge: Jeniffer, via video and/or worksheets, will lay out a sample plan to help you connect the dots of your brand; she will reveal sample steps and provide tracking sheets to ensure that your plan stays on point
and on target. In addition, Jeniffer will list tools and resources to help you build your visuals and ensure that your brand is visually professional.
- Apply Knowledge: Your homework to review and discuss live in class will be to bring your completed road map and discuss areas where you still feel uncertain or challenged. This group setting will allow attendees to share your
messaging talking points and receive real-time feedback to help you solidify and feel confident in your message, your brand, and your road map.
Live sessions will be recorded, but only shared with the small group of people who register - because we want participants to feel free to be open and vulnerable and not have to be self-conscious about making mistakes or sharing deeply. If you have to miss one or more live sessions, the time that would be yours in the live class is still yours - you can send in a question in advance, or Jeniffer will comment on the homework you submitted, and you can still receive feedback from the other members of the group. Additionally, every member of IBPA who signs up for this course will receive access to a discussion group just for folks who are taking or have taken the workshop on the IBPA website's social link, which is another way to connect.
Jeniffer Thompson is an author branding expert and digital marketing strategist with more than 20 years experience in the publishing industry. She is an award-winning publisher, author, and speaker who is passionate about delivering
strategy-rich content and actionable tools that educate and empower authors. Since founding her company, Monkey C Media, in 2004, she and her team have been creating award-winning book cover designs and author websites that integrate digital marketing
strategies that work!
With a BA in Journalism from SDSU, Jeniffer is an ardent believer in the power of storytelling—she is always looking for, or telling, a story. She believes that story has the power to heal and transform us and create community. She is a co-founder
of the San Diego Writers Festival and serves on the board of the San Diego Memoir Writers Association, and is currently writing her own coming-of-age memoir.
Jeniffer is a rock climber and thrill seeker. She lives in San Diego with her husband, Chad, their persnickety Manx cat, Mishka, and three fluffy chickens who love to follow her around and give her delicious eggs everyday.
For brand strategy tips and digital marketing insight, subscribe to her blog and download her eBooks at JenifferThompson.com.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
“Fantastic six week personal branding session. Although we had already put together a lot of marketing assets and walked through branding exercises to determine messaging and the like, your materials really made us re-evaluate our
decisions and question our ‘why’. In turn, we’ve made (or have the road-map to) some great changes to essential marketing components that tell readers and (explorers!) about our books, mission and why they are just so awesome :-)” — Laura Lahm,
“I really felt strongly that Jeniffer deeply understands how to build a brand and was very good at communicating feedback, offering valuable resources, as well as sharing helpful action steps. This course really helped me solidify
my own understanding and personal confidence in building up my own brand. Thank you!” — Cathryn Siegal-Bergman, Clevo Books
“I really enjoyed IBPA’s Personal Branding Workshop taught by Jeniffer Thompson. I received so much useful information on every step in the process of branding from A to Z. Jeniffer is an expert instructor who is extremely knowledgeable
and approachable. She was able to meet us at all our individual levels of experience with branding.” — Regina McCarthy
“I just finished the IBPA online Personal Branding workshop with Jeniffer Thompson, and learned so many fantastic tips and concepts about creating a personal brand. It was an amazing experience to learn from Jennifer and to participate with the other
students as everyone shared their knowledge and observations. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn how increase awareness of themselves and their products.” — David A. Wimsett
“The IBPA Personal Branding course was not at all what I expected, and the presenter, Jeniffer Thompson, was the reason. I anticipated a ‘nuts and bolts’ course, but the actual course dove much deeper, giving me a real look at what I need to do to
develop my own personal brand. This is the beginning of a journey for me, and Jeniffer was very generous in providing guidance, tools, and feedback. She’s given me a whole new perspective on Personal Branding.” — Tim Skilton
“This 6 session course is jam-packed with focused content and useful insights. The structure of workbooks (personal research) and small group discussions (witnessing transformations and clarity in colleagues) is really helpful. IBPA,
thank you for this powerful offering. Jeniffer Thompson, thank you for delivering so much more than expected, and sharing your expertise so generously.” — Jill Hackett
“This was a really helpful and focusing series of well-prepared sessions that will provide productive work to do long after today's last session! …The community made it an invaluable sharing.” — Patrice Maynard, Director of Publications
and Development, Research Institute for Waldorf Education