"How to Turn a Book Into a Movement"
New York Times bestselling author, speaker, and activist Jodee Blanco will share her proven strategies for turning a book into a cultural movement. (Foundational/Strategic & Practical)
About the Program
There is no medium more credible than a book. It affords its author a platform unlike any other to affect real change in the world. In this webinar, New York Times bestselling author, speaker, and activist Jodee Blanco will share her proven strategies for turning a book into a cultural movement that not only fortifies and extends book sales, but establishes the author as the voice of that movement.
Participants will learn:
- Simple, step-by-step guidelines for identifying the movement for your book, its purpose, and potential power,
- How to write an effective author bio in narrative style that reinforces your credibility as an authority on your desired issue and ties in your book to the larger picture,
- The core promotional materials you’ll need and strategic dissemination targets including the media, key organizations, internet, and other outlets,
- Step-by-step guidelines for writing those materials and simple techniques for adjusting them based on target audience,
- How to use speaking engagements, personal appearances, and other methods for facilitating your movement,
- How to begin simply, on a grassroots level and build from there, creating a cottage industry for yourself in the process,
- How to generate opportunities and turn them into long-term catalysts for growth,
- How to parlay each success and go from grassroots to national and beyond.
In this exciting and informative webinar, Jodee will teach you how to turn your pain or passion into purpose via a movement anchored upon and propelled by your book.
About the Presenter
The founder and CEO of The Jodee Blanco Group, a consulting and curriculum development company, Jodee Blanco is an expert on how to successfully leverage the matrix of public speaking, publishing and public relations to take one’s life or career to a whole new level. Often referred to as a “force of nature” by those who’ve worked with her, Jodee never looks at why something can’t be done; instead she culls her considerable resources, honed over thirty-plus years of accomplishment in all three fields, to figure out how it can be done. She is the award-winning author of two New York Times Best-Sellers, including the seminal memoir, Please Stop Laughing at Me..., among multiple other titles.
Jodee's website: "Jodee Blanco: The Voice of America's Bullied", The Jodee Blanco Group website
The Fine Print
Can’t attend this webinar live? Sign up anyway and watch the recorded session at a time suitable to you. Everyone who registers will receive an email with the video recording of the webinar and a copy of the presenter slides and/or handouts by the end of Friday, March 13, 2020.
*Please note that registrations received after 9:30am Pacific the morning of the webinar won't receive the WebEx log in instructions in time to attend live, but will receive the full video recording and presenter slides/handouts when they are sent out the Friday after the webinar. Also, attending live is limited to the first 100 registrants. All others will receive a copy of the video recording and the presenter slides/handouts.*