Bylaws are the rules and regulations enacted by an association to provide a framework for its operations and management.
DOWNLOAD IBPA’S APPROVED BYLAWS HERE (last updated August 2014)
IBPA's bylaws provide information related to member meetings, election of a Board of Directors, types and duties of officers, committees, assessments and other routine conduct. Bylaws are, in effect, a contract among members and are formally adopted and amended from time to time by IBPA's Board of Directors.
The 2014 revision
|Rana DiOrio of Little Pickle Press served as Chair of IBPA's Bylaws Working Group
In early 2013, the IBPA Board of Directors appointed a Bylaws Working Group with the task of reviewing and amending the IBPA bylaws. The Bylaws Working Group enlisted the services of The Law Firm for Non-Profits to ensure the suggested changes would follow proper protocol. After more than a year of review and discussion, the fully restated and amended IBPA bylaws were approved by the Board of Directors via unanimous written consent in August 2014.
IBPA thanks the following members of its Bylaws Working Group for their diligent and thoughtful efforts:
- Rana DiOrio, Founder & CEO, Little Pickle Press (Working Group Chair)
- Deltina Hay, Author, Developer, Publisher, Dalton Publishing
- Jonathan Kirsch, Law Offices of Jonathan Kirsch
- Angela Bole, Chief Executive Officer, Independent Book Publishers Association
- Terry Nathan, Chief Operations Officer, Independent Book Publishers Association