Small but Mighty: IBPA presents Indie Publishers' Best-Seller List
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Manhattan Beach, CA - May 4, 2011) -- From 100,000 to 1.5 million, independent publisher book sales rank them right up with the big boys. Ruby K. Payne’s book, A Framework for Understanding Poverty, published by aha! Process, Inc., sits at the top of the Independent Book Publishers Association bestseller list with an outstanding 1.5 million copies sold. Publisher No Greater Joy’s three books on the list all have sales of over 350,000 with To Train Up a Child at more than 650,000 copies and counting. NewTrends Publishing has achieved single-title sales of over 400,000 copies and is still growing. The following list, first published in the IBPA Independent, celebrates the success of 20 bestselling books, their authors, and publishers that have scaled the 100,000 copy barrier.
Included on this month’s list are IBPA members:
- Alpine Productions – How to Raise a Puppy You can Live With (400,000 sold)
- Lerner Publishing Group – The Girl Who Owned a City (375,000 sold)
- Parenting Press – The Way I Feel, and It’s MY Body (300,000 and 285,000 sold respectively)
- Summerthought Publishing – Canadian Rockies Trail Guide (250,000 sold)
- Pomengranate Communications, Inc. – Monet’s Passion: Ideas, Inspiration, and Insights from the Painter’s Garden and Shaman: The Paintings of Susan Seddon Boulet (165,000 and 120,000 sold respectively)
- TalentSmart® - Emotional Intelligence 2.0 (162,000 sold)
- Press One Publishing – Credit Card and Debt Management: A Step-by-Step How-To Guide for Organizing Debt and Saving Money on Interest Payments (148,500 sold)
- Women’s Intuition Worldwide – Aura Reading Through All Your Senses (136,000 sold)
- Morning Glory Press – Your Pregnancy and Newborn Journey (113,000 sold)
- Relax Intuit™LC – Your Present: A Half-Hour of Peace (110,000 sold)
- TheMasterCleanse.com – Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days (110,000 sold)
- Rec Room Publishing LLC – 104 Activities That Build: Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, and Coping Skills (102,000 sold)
- Body of Work Books – Save Your Hands! The Complete Guide to Injury Prevention and Ergonomics for Manual Therapists (100,000 sold)
The bestseller list features the top sellers among those members who have sent in sales figures to the IBPA Independent, highlighting books that have sold well over time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit IBPA's website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
Founded in 1983 to support independent publishers nationwide, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) leads and serves the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. With over 3,100 members, IBPA is the largest publishing association in the U.S. Its vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry. For more information, visit www.ibpa-online.org.