27th Annual IBPA Publishing University to feature David “Skip” Prichard, President and CEO of Ingram
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Posted by: IBPA Intern
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Manhattan Beach, CA - March 24, 2011) -- David “Skip” Prichard, President and CEO of Ingram Content Group, will offer his unique view of the future of books and the publishing world at the 27th annual IBPA Publishing University, to be held in New York City prior to BEA at the Javits Center on May 22-23. Prichard will keynote the day and a half of programs designed to provide one-book publishers, self-publishers, digital publishers, and traditional publishers with the hands-on, how-to tools they need to promote, market and sell more books.
“Don’t come to IBPA Publishing University if you prefer theory to practice,” warns IBPA President Florrie Binford Kichler. "Publishing University is designed by publishers to teach publishers what they need to know—and do right now—to succeed in an industry that’s changing at warp-speed."
- 20 breakout sessions including the hottest how-to topics in publishing led by industry experts in sales, marketing, social media, copyright and more
- General sessions featuring the back-by-popular demand “E-magination” panel of e-reading prognosticators, including Mark Coker of Smashwords, book app guru Andy Hunter of electricliterature.com, and emceed and podcasted LIVE by Chris Kenneally of the Copyright Clearance Center.
- E-books and coffee in an early morning “Everything Google” session.
- The opportunity for attendees to “Ask the Experts” in their own private consulting session by appointment.
- The Benjamin Franklin Awards and Reception recognizing excellence in publishing in more than 56 categories of editorial and design and featuring a celebration concert performed by Beatles tribute band Mostly Moptops
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit IBPA Publishing University
or email email@example.com.
About the Independent Book Publishers Association
Founded in 1983 to support independent publishers nationwide, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) leads and serves the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. With over 3,100 members, IBPA is the largest publishing association in the U.S. Its vision is a world where every independent publisher has the tools and knowledge needed to professionally engage in all aspects of the publishing industry. For more information, visit ibpa-online.org.