IBPA’s Board Nominating Committee Kicks Off
Happy New Year! Here is a quick update on this year’s IBPA Board of Directors nominating process. Please see below and, as always, feel free to reach out with questions.
As mentioned previously, five seats are opening on IBPA’s Board of Directors. The application deadline was Wednesday, December 31, 2014. The Board Nominating Committee will hold its first meeting Tuesday, January 6. During this meeting they will review this year’s Briefing Memo.
The slate of Board candidates chosen by the Board Nominating Committee will be voted on during the 2015 IBPA Annual Meeting, scheduled for Saturday, April 11, 2015 as part of Publishing University.
Further Dates of Consideration
Each term on IBPA’s Board of Directors is two years in length. Here is the election cycle:
- Nov 14, 2014: Online application opens for IBPA’s Board of Directors.
- Nov 30, 2014: IBPA’s Board Chair confirms the members of the 2015 Board Nominating Committee.
- Dec 31, 2014: Online application closes.
- Jan 1 – 31, 2015: Board Nominating Committee reviews applications and interviews potential candidates.
- Feb 1, 2015: Board Nominating Committee chooses a slate of candidates for the five open seats.
- Feb 9, 2015: IBPA sends the Board Nominating Committee’s slate of candidates to the full membership for consideration.
- Apr 11, 2015: IBPA membership votes to approve the slate of candidates during IBPA’s Annual Members Meeting at Publishing University in Austin, Texas.
- Jul 1, 2015: New Board members take office for a two-year term.