IBPA Board of Directors Now Accepting Applications
Five seats are opening on the Independent Book Publishers Association’s board of directors. All IBPA members in good standing are welcome to apply. The application deadline is December 31, 2014.
Each term on IBPA's board of directors is two years in length. Members are allowed to serve two consecutive terms. Potential candidates will be asked for a personal interview in addition to the written application. Here is the election cycle:
- Nov 14, 2014: Online application opens for IBPA's board of directors.
- Nov 30, 2014: IBPA's Board Chair confirms the members of the 2015 Board Nominating Committee.
- Dec 31, 2014: Online application closes.
- Jan 1 – 31, 2015: Board Nominating Committee interviews potential candidates.
- Feb 1, 2015: Board Nominating Committee chooses a slate of candidates for the five open seats.
- Feb 9, 2015: IBPA sends the Board Nominating Committee’s slate of candidates to the full membership for consideration.
- Apr 11, 2015: IBPA membership votes to approve the slate of candidates during IBPA's Annual Members Meeting at Publishing University in Austin, Texas.
- Jul 1, 2015: New board members take office for a two-year term.
Being on the IBPA board of directors is an important way to help carry forth IBPA's mission of educating and supporting independent publishers and self-published authors. As a member of IBPA's board of directors you will directly contribute to the success of our nearly 3,000 members who pledge to adhere to the following Code of Ethics. . .
- To uphold the highest standards of our industry, to create works of lasting financial and/or cultural value, and to pursue editorial, design, and production excellence.
- To respect the rights of authors and other creators and stakeholders, to observe all copyright laws and conventions, and to never knowingly publish plagiarized work.
- To reward authors and contributors for their work, to be honest in our financial dealings, to write contracts in understandable language, to resolve all disputes promptly and fairly, and to foster equal opportunity in our workplaces.
- To not mislead readers or buyers with false promises, inflated sales data, or manipulated reviews.
- To recycle and reuse and to follow green practices.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: If you’d like to read more about the election of board members in IBPA’s bylaws, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.