Twitter for Authors: Presented by Joel Friedlander
Start Date: July 24, 2013
End Date: July 24, 2013
Doors Open / Start Date: 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST
Location: Online Webinar
This webinar was recorded on July 24th, 2013.
Tweets are showing up on television, hashtags are popping up in retail promotions, and live tweeting is taking place at every event from the Olympics to the recent elections. Everybody’s talking about building your “platform” to support your book marketing efforts and make your work go viral.
Instead of getting lost in the blizzard of status updates that dominate Facebook, you can use Twitter to focus your book marketing, and you can do it in 15 minutes a day.
But how do you get traction, amass a following, and really get the amazing benefits that this network can produce?
In this fast-paced webinar, you’ll learn:
- The value of the most important 140 characters in social media, and why so many people get this totally wrong
- The biggest mistake newbies make, and how to avoid it
- Which programs power users rely on to manage huge Twitter followings
- A sane and steady approach to long-term platform growth
- Power tips to find the communities of followers that will help you grow your platform
- Easy ways to track your networking progress
- The single most important part of any Tweet when it comes to impact
- The secrets of #chats, #hashtags, #lists, RT, MT and more
Twitter has made it possible for authors to leverage the power of their writing—no matter where it first appears—across the social Internet. Join us to learn how you can use this great tool yourself.
About the Speaker: Joel Friedlander (@JFBookman) is an award-winning book designer, a blogger, and the author of A Self-Publisher’s Companion: Expert Advice for Authors Who Want to Publish. Joel is the proprietor of Marin Bookworks in San Rafael, California, a publishing services company where he’s helped launch many self-publishers since 1994.
Joel also writes a popular blog on book design, book marketing and the future of the book at www.theBookDesigner.com and is the creator of the new online training course, The Self-Publishing Roadmap.
From mailings to exhibits, see how IBPA's marketing programs help you grow your sales.Educational Opportunities
Attend a seminar, ask an expert, and get more free advice with our educational programs.Become a member
Access exclusive members-only benefits starting at just $10.