Terms for Returns
« Back to Independent Articles
The form below is the one we use. You’re welcome to adapt it to your needs, put it on your letterhead, and use it too.
Book Return Authorization
1. Our books are returnable. If a title isn’t moving in your market, we want to get it back before a new edition makes it obsolete. Thank you for giving it a chance on your valuable shelf space. Our return period is normally between 90 days and one year of the publisher’s invoice date; however, we will accept the book for return after one year as long as the edition is still in print. To keep our products current, we update our titles every one-and-a-half to two years.
2. Return permission must be requested so that we may issue detailed packing and shipping instructions. This is your authorization to return the book(s), and the instructions are below.
3. Notice of shortage or nonreceipt must be made within 30 days of the shipping/invoice date for domestic shipments, 60 days for foreign.
4. Books damaged in transit are not the responsibility of the publisher. Please make your claim to the carrier.
5. Returns must be accompanied by your packing slip listing quantity, title, author, original invoice number, and invoice date. Books returned with this information will be credited with 100 percent of the invoice price minus shipping. Otherwise, it will be assumed the original discount was 6…IBPA Members – Click here to view the full article (login required).
From mailings to exhibits, see how IBPA's marketing programs help you grow your sales.Educational Opportunities
Attend a seminar, ask an expert, and get more free advice with our educational programs.Become a member
Access exclusive members-only benefits starting at just $10.