Small Press Selection: The Top 10
« Back to Independent Articles
Twice a year, representatives from PMA and the book distribution industry meet to review book submissions from small publishers who do not have formal distribution arrangements in the trade. Based on content, appearance, and salability, titles are chosen to be included in the “Small Press Selection” catalog under the auspices of the Independent Publishers Group (IPG). More than 500 titles have been included in this PMA small press distribution program since its inception in 1992, resulting in the sale of hundreds of thousands of books. Top sellers for the first four months of 2001 are:
1. Birthing From Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation by Pam England, C.N.M., M.A., and Rob Horowitz, Ph.D. (Partera Press)
2. The Essence of Self-Healing: How to Bring Health and Happiness Into Your Life by Petrene Soames (Fleet Street Publications)
3. Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Compassion by Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D. (Keep Coming Back Co./A PuddleDancer Press Book)
4. Get Free Cash For College: Scholarship Secrets of Harvard Students by Gen S. Tanabe and Kelly Y. Tanabe (Supercollege, LLC)
5. Signs for Me: A Basic Vocabulary for Children, Parents and Teachers by Ben Bahan and Joe Dannis (Dawnsign Press)
6. Why Is My Baby Crying? The 7-Minute Program For Soothing the Fussy Baby by Bruce Taubman, M.D. (White Hat Communications)
7. Buying Your First Horse: A Guide to Preparing For, Finding, and Purchas…IBPA Members – Click here to view the full article (login required).
From mailings to exhibits, see how IBPA's marketing programs help you grow your sales.Educational Opportunities
Attend a seminar, ask an expert, and get more free advice with our educational programs.Become a member
Access exclusive members-only benefits starting at just $10.