Healthy Sales through the Healthcare Industry
« Back to Independent Articles
I have been told that fitness books are difficult to sell ever since videos revolutionized in-home workouts. However I felt I could succeed with niche books about products already used in the fitness and healthcare industry–exercise balls, foam rollers, and resistive bands–since I had become known internationally as an expert physical therapist.
Fortunately I was correct. I have now sold more than 70,000 books–most of them outside of bookstores at a retail price of $39.95.
In terms of content, these books offer:
• Fun-filled, time- and energy-efficient workouts
• An easy-to-read writing style and easy-to-follow exercise instructions
• Hundreds of illustrated exercises designed to be photocopied for patient/client education (saving the fitness or healthcare professional valuable time)
• Information and exercise programs based on up-to-date research
• Photographs that show optimal exercise posture positions
• Exercises that are tried and tested, not just by the elite athlete but by the couch potato too.
Because it’s very difficult to generate traditional bookstore sales for a fitness/health book with a small marketing budget, I decided to sell to the healthcare consumer. I believe four components initially contributed to success:
• Writing one of the first books on the Swiss exercise ball and allowing readers to reproduce pages for instructional us…IBPA Members – Click here to view the full article (login required).
From mailings to exhibits, see how IBPA's marketing programs help you grow your sales.Educational Opportunities
Attend a seminar, ask an expert, and get more free advice with our educational programs.Become a member
Access exclusive members-only benefits starting at just $10.