Don’t Invest Until You Test: How to Find Out How Much You’d Make with a Niche Book (Before It Gets Written)
« Back to Independent Articles
One of the huge benefits of niche publishing is that you can pretest to see if a book will sell (and roughly how many copies) before it exists.
I backed into niche publishing about 15 years ago, and now most of my 40 published books are niche based. One field, dentistry, earned us about $2,000,000. We’re hoping for the same in K–12 school administration.
Prepare for your pretest by setting some tentative goals, such as:
• Through this book, position myself as an expert about something in a niche field that niche members want to know and will pay to learn.
• Earn $100,000 income from the book, with half that as profit.
• Spend $750 or less to pretest the book.
• Get pretest results within about a month.
• (Optional) Begin to build an information and product empire from the expertise established in the book.
Some preconditions are necessary for achieving these goals….IBPA Members – Click here to view the full article (login required).
From mailings to exhibits, see how IBPA's marketing programs help you grow your sales.Educational Opportunities
Attend a seminar, ask an expert, and get more free advice with our educational programs.Become a member
Access exclusive members-only benefits starting at just $10.